- Over ons
Last Updated: July 1st 2020
This global Data Protection and Privacy Statement (the “PrivacyStatement”) sets out how we, DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc. (a Delaware, UnitedStates corporation with its headquarters at 13320-B Ballantyne CorporatePlace, Charlotte, NC 28277 USA) and all of our global affiliates(“DENTSPLY SIRONA” or “we”) handlePersonal Data that we process when you visit our webpages, purchase aproduct, enroll in one of our email services, request information, registeron the websites, enter one of our contests, participate in a promotion,loyalty or rewards program, use any of the other interactive portions ofour websites, communicate with us through social media, by phone, througheducational conferences, workshops, or other events, or in connection withan actual or potential business or employment relationship with us(together “data subjects”).
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement,DENTSPLY SIRONA’s privacy practices, or if you would like us toupdate information or preferences you provided to us, please contact us at:
Email:EUprivacyoffice@dentsplysirona.comwith “FAO: Data protection officer” in the subject header (the“Data Protection Contact”),
Web: www.dentsplysirona.com and use the information on the “ContactUs” page.
1. In the European Union (EU), “personal data” is defined very broadly and includes anyinformation relating to a natural person, who can be identified, directlyor indirectly, from data that we hold about them or from data that iscombined with other information. It may include data relating to ouremployees, customers, patients, shareholders, contractors or the staff ofour suppliers, visitors to our buildings or website users.
The types of Personal Data we may hold about you include:
a) Contact information (such as name, postal or email address, and phonenumber);
b) Business contact information (such as job title, department and name oforganization);
c) Professional information (such as experience with DENTSPLY SIRONAproducts or services);
d) Payment details (including payment card number, expiration date, andbilling address);
e) Shipping information (including the shipping address, dental distributorand phone number);
f) Username and password for the account you may establish on our websites;
g) Content (such as photographs and comments);
h) Information you choose to provide in connection with an employmentapplication (such as veteran status, gender and ethnicity);
i) Information about you, your physical condition or your health which maybe provided to us by you or your health providers to enable us tomanufacture products for you;
j) Information generated by us in the course of managing our relationshipwith you, such as a history of our interactions with you, your purchasesfrom us and information about your use of our products;
k) Information in connection with your interactions with pages you visit onour websites, such as your IP address, browser type, device used to accessour websites, your preferences and information you clicked on our websites;and
i) Other information (such as demographic data, and shopping behaviour andpreferences).
2. DENTSPLY SIRONA needs to process Personal Data about you for a varietyof purposes. DENTSPLY SIRONA will only process your Personal Data inaccordance with applicable law for the following purposes:
a) Manage our business relationship with you, for example:(i) process your transaction; (ii) manage and maintain your account withus; (iii) respond to your questions and comments and provide customersupport; (iv) set up a Dentsply Sirona loyalty program account; (v)allocate a Territory Sales Manager or equivalent to be your dedicatedaccount manager;
b) Marketing, advertising and public relations, forexample: (i) marketing our business and products to you; (ii) provide youwith information you have requested about our company, our products and ourservices; (iii) provide you with information about, or samples of, ourproduct range for marketing purposes; (iv) contact you through email,telephone or postal mail; (v) tailor your experience on our websites byproviding content that is relevant to your interests and geographic region;
c) Maintenance and statistics, for example: (i) helpdiagnose problems with our server; (ii) compile broad statistical data;(iii) update, administer and maintain our websites;
d) Recruitment purposes, for example; (i) evaluate yourinterest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment withDENTSPLY SIRONA; (ii) process your application, monitor recruitmentstatistics and comply with government reporting requirements;
f) Research and product development, for example we mayuse information about your experience of using our products to help usimprove our products.
3. EU Data protection law requires us to have a legal basis beforeprocessing any Personal Data about you. The legal basis for us processingyour Personal Data for the above purposes may be because: (i) you haveprovided your consent; (ii) it is necessary for the performance of acontract with you; (iii) the processing is necessary for our compliancewith a legal obligation; or (iv) the processing is in our legitimateinterests of operating and promoting our business.
4. To the extent provided by applicable law, you may withdraw any consentyou previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds,to the processing of your Personal Data. In some circumstances, withdrawingyour consent to DENTSPLY SIRONA’s use or disclosure of your PersonalData will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain DENTSPLY SIRONAproducts or services.
5. We intend to keep your Personal Data confidential, in compliance withour legal obligations. We do not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclosePersonal Data to third parties, other than as described in this PrivacyStatement, for the purposes described above, or as we disclose to you atthe time the information is collected. We may disclose your Personal Datain accordance with, and where permitted by, applicable law:
6. DENTSPLY SIRONA takes appropriate physical, technical and organisationalsecurity measures designed to safeguard and secure any Personal Data youprovide to us. Nevertheless, unencrypted transmission to DENTSPLY SIRONAvia the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee thesecurity of your Personal Data during any such unencrypted transmission.
7. We may disclose or transfer your Personal Data to a third party incountries outside the country in which it was originally collected forfurther processing in accordance with the purposes set out in section 2above, in particular your Personal Data may be transferred throughout theDENTSPLY SIRONA group. In these circumstances we will, as required byapplicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected byorganizational, technical, contractual and/or other lawful means.
8. Your Personal Data will be retained for the duration of our businessrelationship and for a period of time thereafter as required by applicablelocal law or where we have a legitimate and lawful purpose.
9. DENTSPLY SIRONA will retain applications of unsuccessful candidates fora reasonable period after the application process to enable us to contactyou if another suitable position arises or to comply with our legalobligations.
10. Data protection laws often provide individuals with numerous rights,including the right to: access, rectify, erase, restrict and object to theprocessing of, their Personal Data. Individuals may also have the right tolodge a complaint with the local data protection authority if they believethat their Personal Data is not being processed in accordance withapplicable data protection law. If you would like to exercise any of theserights, please contact the Dentsply Sirona Privacy Office atEUprivacyoffice@dentsplysirona.com. Toassist us in responding to such requests in a timely fashion, pleaseinclude the phrase “Privacy Rights Request” in the title ofyour message.
11. Data subjects may, where permitted by applicable law, request copies oftheir Personal Data. This is known as a subject access request or“SAR”.
12. If you would like to make a SAR, i.e. a request for copies of thePersonal Data we hold about you, and you are in a jurisdiction whereapplicable law grants you such rights, you may do so by writing to the DataProtection Contact whose details are provided above. The request shouldmake clear that a SAR is being made. We may ask you to provide evidence ofyour identity if it is not clear.
13. Responding to a SAR can be a time consuming exercise. DENTSPLY SIRONAmay be able to get the information that you require more quickly if you areas specific as possible in your request. E.g., “I would like a copyof my Personal data contained in my website member account file” orif you would like a copy of a particular document it would be helpful ifthe document is described carefully, including the title, creation date,author and likely place of storage. This will help us to respond to yourSAR as quickly as possible. You may be asked for further details to assistus if insufficient information is provided.
14. This website may make chat rooms, careers, message boards, and/or newsgroups available to its users at various times. Please remember that,unless otherwise stated, any information that is disclosed in these areasbecomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding todisclose your personal information in these areas. Do not use these areasto post personal information about third parties or discuss informationabout specific, identifiable patients.
16. We may at any time in our sole discretion revise or update this PrivacyStatement. We will indicate at the top of the Privacy Statement when it wasmost recently updated. All changes are effective immediately when they areposted and apply to all access to and use of the websites thereafter. Ifyou object to any modification, your sole recourse is to stop using thewebsites and providing us with Personal Data.
17. In order to collect certain data described in this Privacy Statement,we may use cookie technology on our websites.
A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your browser and stored onyour computer's hard drive, mobile phone or other device. Session cookiesmake it easier for you to navigate our websites and expire when you closeyour browser. Tracking cookies remain longer and help in understanding howyou use our websites, and enhance your user experience. You can set yourbrowser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decideif you want to accept it or not. However, some of the services and featuresoffered through our websites may not function properly if your cookies aredisabled.
The following are examples of cookies that may be used on our websites:
a) Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essentialin order to enable you to move around the website and use its features.Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like saving your jobapplication, adding products to a cart or checking out, cannot be provided.
b) Performance / analytic cookies. These cookies collectdata about how visitors use our websites, including the country from whichthe visitor is accessing the websites. They allow us to recognise and countthe number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site whenthey are using it. Provided you have filled out the contact form on ourwebsite, these cookies may be used to contact you for a sales call.
c) Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise youwhen you return to our websites. This enables us to personalise our contentfor you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, yourchoice of language or region).
d) Targeting/Advertising Cookies: Theseare used to deliver ads which are more relevant to you and your interests.They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement aswell as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. Theyremember that you have visited the website and this information may beshared with other organizations, e.g., advertisers. We use these cookiesonly if you have consented.
18. Our websites also use social and video plugins such as those providedby Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or YouTube.
When you visit a page of our websites that contains a social, video orother plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to the serverfor that plugin and provides them with the information that you haveaccessed on the corresponding page of our websites. If you are logged intothat service as well, your visit can be connected to your account with thatservice. Therefore, if you interact with the plugins, for example byclicking “Like,” or entering a comment, the correspondinginformation is transmitted from your browser directly to that party. Yourinteraction with those services are governed by their applicable privacypolicy and other policies which can be located on their websites.
19. When you visit our websites, we may allow some third parties (such asadvertising networks and data analytics companies) to collect Personal Dataabout your online activities over time and across different websites. Forexample, session recording tools, record your preferences and track youruse of the websites. To find out more about your choices with respect tothese tracking technologies, see “Your Choices.”
20.If you no longer wish to receive promotional emails, you may unsubscribeat any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in thepromotional emails sent to you or by contacting the Data Protection Contactwhose details are provided above. If you have an account with us, you mayalso unsubscribe from promotional emails through your account. Please notethat even if you opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us, we maycontinue to send you non-promotional emails.
21. If you have an account with us, you may make changes to your PersonalData by logging into your account and making changes there.
22. If necessary to comply with applicable law, we will ask for yourconsent to place cookies on your device. Once your consent has beenprovided, this consent message will not appear again when you revisit ourwebsites. If you, or another user of your computer, wish to withdraw yourconsent at any time, you can do so by altering your browser settings or bycontacting the Dentsply Sirona Privacy Office atEUprivacyoffice@dentsplysirona.com. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org andhttp://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/.
23. Regular cookies generally may be disabled or removed using toolsavailable as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instancesblocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offerdifferent functionalities and options so you may need to set themseparately. Also, tools from commercial browsers may not be effective withregard to Flash cookies (also known as locally shared objects), HTML5cookies or other tracking technologies. For information on disabling Flashcookies, visit.this page.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies, some partof our websites may not work and when you revisit our websites your abilityto limit browser-based tracking technologies is subject to your browsersettings and limitations. Your browser settings may allow you toautomatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites andonline services you visit. However, there is no consensus among industryparticipants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context.Like many websites and online services, our websites currently do notrecognize when they receive a “Do Not Track” signal from avisitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,”visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
©2020 Wellspect HealthCare, a Dentsply Sirona Company. All rights reserved.